For the last few years, we have seen a boom period of digital marketing. It has started infusing in almost every industry. While it was possible earlier to do things without digital marketing and go for more traditional methods, however, healthcare digital marketing is indispensable. Let’s have a look at a complete guide for Digital Marketing in Healthcare Industry. Now, searching for health information becomes 3rd most popular online activity.
The main reason is that a huge number of people are not only becoming active online but are also looking for solutions to their problems online. So, the healthcare industry cannot or in fact should not neglect digital marketing. It is safe to assume that digital marketing is combined with healthcare which has many opportunities.
72% of internet users looked online for health information in the past year. Now, health-related information searching becomes the third most popular online activity.
How the Healthcare Industry is affected by Digital Marketing?
Search Engine Marketing:
Businesses use search engine marketing which is more significant than others in the competition. This helps the business to rank better in Google and other search engine results which leads to better visits. Better ranking means better visibility to anyone for searching direct or indirect similar search results that leads to more visits to your page.
Social Media Marketing:
Social media marketing has gained a big exposure in all industries because of digital marketing. Social media marketing helps to bring out regular updates from the organization to the follower base. Similar to email marketing, the primary role is to keep the leads interested and updated. It also acts similar to the word mouth marketing because people tend to share recommendations for good hospitals and doctors.
Key trends should be considered by healthcare marketers:
Overshadowing of traditional marketing:
When digital marketing is infusing in almost every sector, the healthcare industry is one of them. A huge jump in the preference of digital marketing over traditional marketing in the healthcare has been seen for the last couple of years. The greatest growth of the biotech, medical, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical device marketing budgets is taking place in digital sales material, mobile apps, and social media. Since, consumer marketing tricks are shifting to digital ads, social media, and mobile apps. Therefore, shifting to digital channels in the healthcare industry is no wonder.
Healthcare marketers to target consumers:
For healthcare marketers, there are different audiences. This segment is the primary on the basis of the product or service that is being offered. Doctors are the primary marketing target. They still recommend, prescribe, and buy products and services. However, decision-making is gradually shrinking as decision-making shifts to healthcare consumers. Therefore, the emerging trend is that healthcare marketers need to target consumers.
Consumers are now avid researchers:
Nowadays, the consumers are no longer satisfied to accept what a doctor tells them. They prefer doing homework before they visit with a doctor. Healthcare is more like a collaboration between doctors and consumers, thus it is helpful for catering to the needs of digital marketing for hospitals.
Indian Healthcare Industry growth rate:
As per the predictions of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India, the Indian healthcare market which is currently worth of the US $100 billion will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23% to hit the US $280 billion by 2020. This is because of increase in adoption in digital techniques. The Healthcare Information Technology (IT) market which is currently valued at the US $1 billion will grow 1.5 times more by 2020.
Topicality & Benefits of Digital Marketing for Healthcare Industry:
- Digital marketing helps to identify potential health influencers on social media. By recognizing influencers based on their popularity, qualifications and their followers on social media, you can decide the most suitable influences for your target audience.
- Digital marketing has the ability to transform the existing scenario of the healthcare industry. Mediabistro reports that 54% of patients prefer to seek advice from online communities to cure their ailments. This hints that the futuristic ‘customer support’ of the healthcare industry could be functioning online.
- Digital marketing techniques such as SEO will improve your business if your firm is listed in the top of Google searches. When it comes to healthcare, people prefer only the best of services.
- Digital marketing helps to influence the consumers on social media. According to Mediabistro, 40% of the users are affected by the health information circulated on social media. Another report by Demi & Cooper indicates that the medical information on social media influences nearly 41% of consumers in choosing a specific medical facility, hospital, and doctor or health consultant.
- Digital marketing enables health professionals and influencers to interact with consumers over the internet. According to Search Engine Watch, 90% of the social media users aged 18-24 years trust the health information shared by healthcare experts. Thus interacting with social media users increase the consumers’ level of trust and brand loyalty.
A best digital marketing company in USA, Techbizz is now offering their own digital marketing services with FLAT 20% off on this Christmas. Don’t miss the chance to get this opportunity from us. To get more information about this offer you can mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +1 800 295 9810